October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

First and foremost, Happy All Hallow's Eve! I hope you have a warm, dry, fun night. 


We've been enjoying our Midwestern Autumn. It's all the things that Pinterest tells you it is: apples, hoodies, boots, pumpkins, football, bonfires, s'mores, falling leaves. 


We've been doing fun fall things too. Like roasting hotdogs and marshmallows at my parents' home and going to Wildlife Scary Park for some trick-or-treating, hayrack rides, and spooky fun with the kids. 

Captain Orangebeard the Pirate, Elsa, Jake the Neverland Pirate, and Rapunzel - acting like trolls.





Jake and Grandma on the train.

Captain Orangebeard and Rapunzel, afraid of the spooky sounds in the woods. 

I loved all the fires throughout the park, many of them with straw bales so families could sit, warm up, and rest. 

Tonight we'll have a hearty potato soup and then head out for some trick-or-treating. We always visit my grandparents and parents, and this year my mother-in-law will be joining us, which will be a lot of fun. 

Then, at the end of the night, when the kids are in bed, I think I'm going to poor myself a drink (maybe a hot chocolate with a taste of something. I'll snuggle down under my blanket and probably watch the second Hunger Games movie on Netflix. Tomorrow will be a big day with our parish's All Saints' Day party and I'll want to relax. What about you? 

Happy Hallowtide, everyone!




If you're new here, stick around! You can follow A Knotted Life on Bloglovin' or Feedly.
Plus, I'd love to connect with you. You can find me on InstagramPinterest, and Facebook. I hope to "meet" you soon!


7 comments:

  1. We're visiting family tonight too, potato soup sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always have mummy dogs for dinner on Holloween! Happy all hollows eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I miss a good Midwestern autumn! Hope you have a blessed weekend. Can't wait to hear about the All Saints party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great photos! Looks like you all are having a great fall. We'll be trick-or-treating after chili for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, we're having chili tonight too! Soup all around! I'm debating whether I should waddle around the neighborhood with the boys or just send the husband, then follow your lead of a good drink and Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So refreshing! I love these glimpses into life with kids over age three, haha! ;-) We might trick or treat…costumes not even yet determined. Oh my! lol! Happy Halloween Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bonnie! It looks like you have had alot of fun making such warm and wonderful memories this All Hallows' Eve! I hope you had a great All Saints' Day as well!

    ReplyDelete