September 21, 2014

Reader Survey


I've been trying to make A Knotted Life more reader friendly and more like the type of blog I enjoy reading. I've added some new tabs at the top, collections of my best writing on Motherhood, my posts on decorating and celebrating the Holidays, and I'll soon be adding a tab with all the Party posts I've written over the years. I've added some new buttons on the side and tried to lay things out in a way that looks good, is easy to use, and makes sense.

I hope you like it!

I'm also looking for some feedback from you guys. I've been blogging for seven years and I've learned a few things but I know I still have room to grow. While I have no plans of monetizing this blog, I do want to make sure that I'm doing well - for your sake and mine.

I think of my blog as an extension of my living room. When you come to my house as a guest we'll sit and visit. The house will be tidy enough, not sleek and perfect, and it will show my family's and my personalities, tastes, and culture. You and I will chat, sip our drinks, maybe snack on grapes or cookies and our kids will play. We'll talk about faith, music, motherhood, our vocations. We can offer one another support in the struggles and we'll celebrate together our joys and successes. Sometimes I'll put my foot in my mouth and I hope you'll forgive me when I do. That's what happens when you come to my house and I want you to feel like that's what happens here on my blog.

Except I don't have my house guests take surveys...

Please take a couple of minutes to answer the Reader Survey questions. You don't have to register or anything and it's pretty simple. Thank you!

A Knotted Life Reader Survey


*Also, credit is due to Anne at Modern Mrs. Darcy, who did a similar survey a while back on her blog. I borrowed several of her questions and I hope she doesn't mind!



If you're new here, stick around! You can follow A Knotted Life on Bloglovin' or Feedly.
Plus, I'd love to connect with you. You can find me on InstagramPinterest, and Facebook. I hope to "meet" you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Just did it! The "age of children" question only let me click one answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto - the kids question is one choice only. (As for looks and accessibility, I like your buttons on the right here - popular posts, blog lists, recipes, etc...) Thanks for considering your readers' input, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know, Laura and Theresa! It should be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't answer all the questions, but I did try to answer all of those ones that I thought might be helpful to you.

    I'm not a regular commenter (I marked "only when posts really speak to me"), but I am a regular reader. I hope you're able to get some good feedback, though, if that's what you're after! :)

    For what it's worth, I do enjoy your blog. Your style of writing is enjoyable and relatable (is that even a word? Whatever, you get what I mean).

    :)

    Anyhow, good luck and happy redesigning!

    ReplyDelete