July 10, 2014

Little JP is One


Look at him. He's adorable! Those baby toes! Those brown eyes! His sweet face!

JP is one today. He cruises like a champ, has a fantastic switch-up normal to bear-crawl crawl, and has even taken a few steps. He lays his head on my chest, under the nook of my chin, and will talk to me as we sigh and "ah" and "oh" back and forth.

His little fingers have a death grip and can be especially painful when he's honking my nose.

His siblings love him and are so proud of him. Travis and I love him and are so grateful that God's plan for number of babies was different than ours. I would have preferred if he had not weighed 11lbs 7.4oz, though.

Happy 1st Birthday, JP! You are so loved!


I said some pretty funny things while in labor and shortly afterwards. You can read them here.
If you like birth stories, here's JP's.
For a quick summary of what happened last year, read the JP 7QT edition.


PS - Yes, sometimes I call him Little Joe. My dad especially likes it. :)

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Joe! My little guy just turned one last week, on the 4th. Such a fun age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Happy Birthday, little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so precious. Happy bday to the little guy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to celebrate with you little Joe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe he's one already - seems like you were just announcing his birth the other day. Our number five is Joseph, too, but somehow he has ended up being "JoJo Bean" - I'm sure he's going to just love that nickname when he's older. Happy One Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet. Happy birthday to Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, Little Joe! I can't believe he's a year old already!!!

    ReplyDelete