July 25, 2014

Houston Area Speaking Gig

Hey you Houston area guys!

Sunday night I will be speaking at St. Ignatius Loyola Catholic Church located at 7810 Cypresswood Dr. in  Spring, Texas, just north of Houston. I'll be sharing the story of JF's alleged miracle through the intercession of Fulton J. Sheen.

In case you didn't know, my third child was a stillborn. After being without a pulse for sixty-one minutes he came back to life and is now a healthy, normal almost four year old boy. We believe God performed this miracle through the intercession of Venerable Fulton J. Sheen for His greater glory and we're not the only ones. In March medical expert advisors to the Congregation of the Causes of Saints approved the miracle and this past June the theological advisors did the same.

If you live in Spring or the Houston area it would be wonderful  if you could come to the event. In my Illinois accent I'll share JF's story, fill you in on the canonization process, and tell you my favorite things about Fulton Sheen.

The event begins following the 5:15pm Mass on Sunday, July 27th. I hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have bee keeping tabs o the "alleged" miracle. I love this!
    I do so wish that I can come to see/hear you in Spring but alas I cannot. Even though I am in the Houston area(formally from Illinois myself too), I have to take care of my client who is bed ridden. But I'll will definitely keep you, your family and ArchBsp. Sheen in my daily prayers. God Bless!
    BTW, dont worry about your "accent" for there are many transplants from IL here in the Houston area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm driving across the country and will hopefully pull into Houston JUST in time to get a shower before piling everyone into the car again to go to Mass there. And hear your talk. I'll be crushed if we don 't make it in time, as I'm already sad about missing Edel. Looking forward to meeting you!!!
    Also, is your talk open to families or just grown-ups?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, great question. Please bring your whole family! Not a problem!

      Hope to see you there!

      Delete
    2. Bonnie! I didn't make it. I'm just so sad. I knew it would be cutting it close. We were traveling back from family vacation (a two-day drive) and construction traffic (so much of it!) delayed our arrival back in Houston. We missed Mass and your talk... a one, two punch. I'm crushed. I've been reading your blog for awhile and I had really looked forward to meeting you and hoped that it would be the start of a friendship. ( I hope that's not weird ;) ) Sigh. I'll have to settle for internet correspondence. Maybe one day I'll get to hear you speak. In the meantime, thank you for sharing your heart and for your testimony about the life of Fulton Sheen. May you continue to be rewarded with God's blessings. Maybe I'll email you one day soon and tell you a bit about myself since I don't blog. Safe travels back home! God bless.

      Delete