November 2, 2012

7QT


1 - In light of this song I' just like to say: I hate postpartum NFP!  But the song is goo.

2 - If you live in or around Chillicothe, IL I invite you to come to St. Ed's 5pm Mass this Sunday.  Following Mass their youth group will host the parish (and maybe you!) while I present my talk on JF and Fulton Sheen.  If you're on the edge about coming I want you to know that there's going to be cookies and lemonade.
For more info on St. Ed's check out their website. The 5pm Mass is not listed but my husband has assured me that there is a Mass at that time, and since he and his co-worker are the ones who arranged this I'm gonna trust his word.

3 - We had a great Halloween and I hope you did too!
 Monster and ghost pancakes for breakfast.  
Chocolate chips for the ghost.
Green batter with orange sprinkles for hair, Christmas sprinkles for the mouth, googley eye sprinkles for the eyes.  

 Home made Jack-O-Lantern pizza for supper.
 Lined up at Grandma Bert's and PaPaw's house.
 Wedding Bride
 Spiderman.
 A brave knight.

4 - So what to do with all the leftover candy?  Well, I chopped a bunch of it up and made cookies.
Peanut butter cups, Snickers, 3 Muskateers, Tootsie Rolls, Twix all mixed together.  Yum-o.

5 - If you haven't yet read Rebecca French's article "The Borrowed Baby" at Ignitum Today I strongly encourage you to take a moment and do so.  It is a powerful article, one I am still pondering.  If you are now or ever want to be a parent I think you should read it and think about what Rebecca is saying.

6 - Happy Feast of All Souls!  Peter, pray for me.

7 - Have a fun weekend, folks.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, if I lived in your house I would weigh 300 pounds...those cookies looked so good. After we took M trick or treating I made a baggie with five pieces of candy for her, five for me, and the rest went to work with my husband because he has the world's fastest metabolism.

    I love your bride, spiderman, and knight. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, There's a reason I'm overweight! AH! But the cookies went to work with my husband.

      And 5 for you - such self control! Way to go, lady!

      Delete
  2. Do not tempt me with your cookie goodness! So far I've managed to eat exactly zero pieces of their Halloween candy...but that is making me want to bake it all into the world's most gigantic cookie and it the entire thing myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't do it! I haven't lost any weight in a week but I snooped on Twitter and saw you're down! Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have nightmares about those pancakes. They keep staring at me.
    And if you ever get tired of candy cookies, bake that stuff in some brownie mix. Woooo boy; totally worth the 5lbs you'll gain eating the whole pan yourself. I might be speaking from experience...and I might not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh holy cow! I have to try the brownie idea!

      And I LOVE your blog!

      Delete
  4. Love the pancakes! And those cookies look amazing...can I come over?!

    And oh, pp nfp. But this last time around I started using the Clearblue monitor/Marquette method and it's been a life-saver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second the Marquette Method. I am a fellow fertile Myrtle and it has given me so much piece of mind. Also, in their forums you can ask an NFP doctor or nurse any question and they always get back to you within a day or two, which is so nice since its really hard to meet any doctors that even know that NFP is not the Rhythm Method.

      Delete
  5. I like tht idea of using candy in cookies but after the kids sugar crash the past 48 hours I want to banish all candy from my house for all time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pancakes are awesomely creepy! I had no clue you could get edible googly eyes!

    Cookies: drool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously love the ghost and monster pancakes!!! I will borrow the idea next year for Halloween! Did you Pin that? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not. But maybe I will now!
      Did you Pin it, o queen of Halloween?

      Delete
  8. Ha! Thanks! I have a great recipe, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete