October 25, 2013

Mary, More Than Her Feast Days

My second video on living liturgically is out! In it I talk about a few little things I've done to incorporate Mary in my life beyond the feast days and some books I've read that have helped me grow in my understanding of who she is and how she can help me love Christ more.



In the video I mention Catholic Cuisine and Catholic Icing for different recipes and ways to "eat blue" and I've included the links here so you can easily find them.

I also mention the following books:
33 Days to Morning Glory by Fr. Michael Gaitley
Mary, In Her Own Words by Fr. Gary Caster
Fatima for Today by Fr. Andrew Apostoli
The World's First Love by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
True Devotion to Mary with Preparation for Total Consecration by St. Louis de Montfort


Lastly, here's the poem "Lovely Lady Dressed in Blue" written by Mary Dixon Thayer. At the bottom I've also included a video with Venerable Fulton Sheen reciting the poem.

Lovely Lady dressed in blue
Teach me how to pray!
God was just your little boy,
Tell me what to say!

 Did you lift Him up, sometimes,
Gently on your knee?
Did you sing to Him the way
Mother does to me?

Did you hold His hand at night?
Did you ever try
Telling stories of the world?
O! And did He cry?

Do you really think He cares
If I tell Him things
Little things that happen?
And Do the Angels' wings
Make a noise?

And can He hear
Me if I speak low?
Does He understand me now?
Tell me for you know.

Lovely Lady dressed in blue
Teach me how to pray!
God was just your little boy,
And you know the way.


4 comments:

  1. Love this! I have the opportunity to see Fr. Gaitley next Friday. I am glad you spoke so highly of his book. I will be sure not to miss his presentation now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, you are awesome!!! I am so with you on de Monfort, Fatima (both previous and changing/more recent change of heart), and Fr. Gaitley's awesome book! (I'm on Consoling...right now, taking my sweet time.) I need to get into Sheen, what I know of him is so charming and compelling! I love these videos, you are full of joy and sincerity and humor and ease. And you look beautiful! Do not wish for that bride Bonnie (the thin comment and remembering your past post!)- she has become eons more beautiful through the glow of children borne and marriage lived! You are full of grace and life! Way to bring on the New Evangelization. You have gifts to share. Keep at it, woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so awesome Bonnie! I had tears in my eyes listening to you talk about Mary at the garbage disposal. We'll done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding several books to my "to read" list. Thank you!
    I love your videos. Please keep doing them! :)

    ReplyDelete