June 25, 2014

Celebrate the Sacred Heart of Jesus this Friday

This Friday is the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. (I thought I had missed it but I hadn't - I just can't read a calendar)

Jesus' Heart is burning for love of us. His heart is bursting out of His chest He's so full of love for us. His love is sacrificial - often there is a cross at the top of it - and it brought about the Church - the water that gushes from where it was pierced.

It's something worth celebrating.

Here's some simple things to do with your friends and family to celebrate.

Attend Mass at a church named Sacred Heart.
The marble floor at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Peoria, IL.


Make a Sacred Heart pizza for supper.It's a Friday, when typically we are encouraged to not eat meat, so on a solemnity - which is an extra special holy day - we should feast!



Make a sacred Heart cake. We have a double heart cake pan, and the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary is Saturday, so that's why there's the two here.


Make Sacred Heart cupcakes. 


What will you do?

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these great ideas! I hope you have a Happy Feast of the Sacred Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all of the good looks so fun and delicious! Nick and I both have to work Friday which means I will probably be feeding my kid chicken nuggets for dinner.. But I'll make sure he dips them all in ketchup for the Sacred Heart effect. I will use some of these ideas in the future though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the good *food (dang autocorrect)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes are my favorite things, ever. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the suggestions! I don't think I'll drive downtown to Sacred Heart, but the kids and I will definitely go to Mass, and I'll make the pizza for dinner since DH and I have to go out. And maybe I'll make the 2 hearts cake for Saturday; I haven't made one of those in a few years!

    ReplyDelete