December 4, 2013

The Cross and Sheen Novena Day 4

Hey friends!

First I want to tell you that yesterday I had a guest post at Carrots for Michaelmas called "The Cross." Way back in the day Haley asked if I would write something for her Women Speak on NFP series. I told her I would and then I didn't for a long, long time. I promise I tried to make good on my word, but I was so angry I couldn't write anything balanced and fair. I finally came to a point where I could write about my experience with NFP in a fair way. Please go check it out and let me know what you think if you're so moved to do so.

Also, don't forget that you can buy Haley's new cookbook / book on living the liturgical year Feast! by going here. It's now available in a hardcopy or e-copy! Yay for supply and demand!



And now, please join me for Day 4 of the Novena for Fulton Sheen's canonization.


Novena Day 4

“The great tragedy of life is not so much what men have suffered, but what they have missed. And what greater tragedy is there than to miss the peace of sin forgiven? There is not a man living who, if he willed it, could not enjoy the spiritual food and drink which God serves to all who ask.”
Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Lord, Fulton Sheen led so many to peace of soul by introducing them to your forgiveness. Help us to share your gift of peace to others by introducing them to Your true loving forgiveness and gift of confession.

Prayer of Canonization, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be

Prayer of Canonization
Father, source of all holiness, You raise up within the Church in every age men and women who serve with heroic love and dedication. You have blessed Your Church through the life and ministry of Your faithful servant, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen. He has written and spoken well of Your Divine Son, Jesus Christ, and was a true instrument of the Holy Spirit in touching the hearts of countless people.

If it be according to your Will, for the honor and glory of the Most Holy Trinity and for the salvation of souls, we ask You to move the Church to proclaim him a saint. We ask this prayer through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment