May 6, 2013

WIWS - the cheater's edition

I'm calling this the cheater's edition because while the outfit below is what I wore Sunday it's not what I wore to Mass.

Recently we discovered that the kids do so much better at the Vigil Mass on Saturday and so we've been doing that the last few weekends. Saturday I wore the same old cardigan, scarf, shoes, and dress I've been wearing for awhile - perhaps a new outfit but the same pieces just rearranged in a new way.

Sunday, however, we celebrated L's 5th birthday and I wore this outfit:


And now I ask you: Belt or no belt? You can barely see it - a black belt on a black shirt - but its buckle is gleaming a wee bit at the top of my belly.

Travis said I should lose the belt. I tried to explain that it accentuated my waist, which has recently moved north a few inches and that it was a trend. He said he'd seen some of his students do it but he just doesn't like the look.

I wore it anyway, obviously.

So let's take a vote. Who was right? Travis or Bonnie. No vote = you side with Travis and you're just afraid to tell me I looked stupid at my daughter's birthday party. ;)

30 weeks, people. I'm only gonna get bigger.

Thanks to Mandi at Messy Wife, Blessed Life for hosting this week! And happy wedding weekend to Emily at FLAP!

17 comments:

  1. belt. especially and always while pregnant. The belt straps my remaining dignity to my body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which *I* desperately need while pregnant. NOT you. Just to clarify.

      Delete
  2. I always do a belt when I'm pregnant. Keeps everything from looking like a tent on me. Or at least it helps a little. I think that's why empire waist is such a popular look for maternity tops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie!! You look amazing! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too always belt while pregnant - it's the one time in your life you can emphasize a large midsection, why not embrace it all the more with a belt? Also you look like you're ALL belly from the side angle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look darling. Definitely belt. I used to wear floppy shirts when pregnant. I have been recently enlightened and now feel much more presentable when the belly is defined at least a little. The current belt fashions are perfect for us mamas who need a little fashion boost as we approach labor day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wore a belt like that when I was pregnant, so I def vote belt. Well placed accessories are always a win :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the belt. Adds a little something without overbearing your belly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the belt too. It seems to me that whenever I wear one, the male members of my family say they don't like it. I have no idea why. As this baby keeps growing, I'm still wearing the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the belt personally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ack! I published before I was done typing! I like belts when I have a belly, I like to draw as much attention to it as possible!

      Delete
  10. I like the belt. I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a black skinny belt over a black shirt. What is the problem? It's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the belt. I am "thick-waisted" so preggers is the only time I can get away with it. You look lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. While it's hard to see the belt in the photo, I'm mostly a pro-belt kinda gal. So my vote sides with you.

    ReplyDelete