December 23, 2012

What I Wore Sunday

So apparently you need to have your act together to partake in the WIWS link-ups because if you try to join Wednesday morning you will find everything closed up.  So I give you, what I wore for the last 3 Sundays:

Second Sunday of Advent:
Husband and older two kids were out of town for the weekend so Resa, JF, and I attended Mass with my parents.  We went to the Cathedral for the closing Mass for the Sheen novena.  If it please God and Sheen is declared a saint December 9th will likely be his feast day (I have this on no authority but my own) because it was the day he entered into eternal life.
Thanks to Julie from the Sheen Foundation for taking our picture.  I lifted this picture from the Sheen blog.  Clearly I had recently been nursing Resa, which is why my shirt is bunched up and not looking too hot.  Oh well.

Shirt: Target
Grey tank: Target maternity - I wear it almost every day and wash it only weekly.  Is that gross?
Skirt: JC Penny from a few years back
Boots: Payless, a present from last Christmas

JF's outfit: hand-me-down jacket and shoes, courtesy of his big brother; khakis from Target
Resa's outfit: hand-me-down dress from L; hand-me-down long-sleeve onesie from JF, tights from Target

Gaudete Sunday:
The girls all wore pink for the third Sunday of Advent.  Resa was napping during this picture, though.
Shirt: WalMart? It's old.
Same grey tank: still Target
Skirt: JC Penny's, purchased for L's baptism
Cardigan, missing 2 buttons: Target, last year
Boots: still from Payless

Boys' clothes: All hand-me-downs or gifts.
L's dress: WalMart, from Easter.  She's worn it almost every Sunday since.
Cardigan and tights: Target.
Hair in her face: her preferred way to wear it - drives me crazy


Fourth Sunday of Advent:
It's my turn with the flu. 

Kids pajamas: Courtesy of St. Nicholas

My pajamas (sorry, not photo available):
Polska t-shirt: street vendor in Krakow, Poland
yoga pants: hand-me-downs
Pink, fuzzy robe: former Christmas present

27 comments:

  1. Love the many Sundays photos....blessings for a quick healing!! Chicken soup is the shiz....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! A good nap and I'm already feeling better. I hope I'm 100% for tomorrow - Christmas with my parents and siblings and I don't have anything wrapped!

      Delete
  2. Ah, the flu. Such a downer.

    I like your pink! I'm finally coming around to that color, after a long long time of kicking and screaming ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a long time to wear color, too. Not until I was married - but I love it now and I wonder why I didn't do it before.

      Delete
  3. Haha, thanks for sharing them all at once! I love your pink for Gaudete Sunday, you look wonderful! No fun about the flu, but I love how to details the pj's =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the liturgical clothing colors ;)... don't love the flu.

    Re: washing the tank- not gross at all! Resourceful :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...hair in the face. I know that one. My little one is only 18 months but I comb her hair everyday and yet everyday she pulls those pony tails right out and then she looks worse then without her hair combed. You can't win with those kids! I love the pink for advent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the hair looking worse - Lydia will have a huge ridiculous wave in the back and bangs hanging in her face in the front.

      Delete
  6. Phew, glad to know I'm not the only one washing daily worn tanks weekly. ;) Love the liturgical colors! Hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a quick Christmas recovery and great Christmas!

    -darn iPad cuts off my comments midstream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you have the flue, Bonnie. Hope it skedaddles before Tuesday fer serious! Love that you were color coordinated every weekend. You so do have your act together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot pink is definitely your color, walmart or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny. I'm shocked at how good it looks actually!

      Delete
  10. Not gross at all. I actually think weekly is pretty frequent....

    Hope you are already feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. My. Gosh. ALL of my Target cardis lose buttons. I got some great deals on them last year, and they all ended up being garbage. When the buttons came off, holes were left! Anyway, I love your Gaudete outfit. The silhouette is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon!
      I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointing Target sweaters.

      Delete
  12. You are awesome. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that your children's fashions are represented here too. And your boots are great.
    Most families I know have something (ear infections/stomach bugs/flu) threatening their Christmas plans. I hope everyone gets healthy at your home by the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there seems to be a lot of sickness going around. Our flu seemed to be 24 hours per person so - thankfully! - I'm better already.

      Thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  14. You are totally on the ball with your liturgical matchiness :) I love both the oufits and hope your family is back to healthy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. In the last picture..is that James in the green? All I see are green pajamas with no head sticking out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, that's James, playing with his sister.

      Delete
  16. G# or Ab - (lower) so#, (middle) do, (middle) re#
    G#, C, D# keys. As an alternative, it will most likely be far
    more powerful for you to learn about audio and chord idea.
    Best Regards.

    Look at my web page: learn piano chords and notes

    ReplyDelete
  17. When looking for paphos car hire google search can
    help you out in catching a glimpse of their favorite racers.

    Usually there is snow to be found in residential, commercial, and retail venues resulting in a divided island
    of around a million people, represents less than 0.
    Thirdly, you can simply book your car in Corralejo per only 134 a week.


    My web page paphos car rental companies

    ReplyDelete