September 14, 2012

7 quick takes


1 - I love this.  Fact: One of my favorite rap songs is Let Me Clear My Throat.  It's just fun.

2 - I have a bunch of songs posted in my Ignitum Today article, Music to Make You Smile.  A couple are old 7QT songs but most are new.  I'm also taking song requests over there so pop on over and tell me which song you love and think I should have included in the list!

3 - Observation I made earlier in the week:  I'd never get down on my hands and knees to scrub the floor if my kids didn't spill things.  So slowly, one spot at a time, my kitchen and dining room floors will be cleaned.

4 - Big props go out to JF for surpassing all three of his siblings as best sleeper.  Monday night one of the kids wet the bed around midnight, around 3am another one came to me in wet pj's because he soaked through his diaper, and  a certain baby I know was found in her crib - happy as a clam - with an explosive diaper.  So JF, who kept it dry and contained all night, wins.

5 - Necessary picture of my super cute kids:
My Mom got Ben a tux (like a real tux) so he could play dress up in it.  He could be a night or a groom, but his favorite thing to be is Sir Topham Hatt.
6 - Pinterest reviews:
cilantro lime chicken - good
flourless chocolate brownie cookies - don't waste your time or chocolate.  Grace Patton, I pinned these off of you and I'm warning you - don't eat them!
- peanut butter chocolate chip shortbread - the links not working but trust me, you have pinned this but it is a waste of butter.  And butter is expensive.
Superfood Salad - Very yummy!

7 - I'm that mom - the one who's blogging at McDonald's while I ignore my sock-less children.  You can hate me.

Thanks, Grace, for hosting!  See you next Friday, Jen!

12 comments:

  1. tag: "I'm a jerk". Hilarious!
    I've done the blogging at McD/ignore sockless children thing too.
    Not that I'm any endorsement of holy motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re the tag -
      I mean, let's be honest here... I probably don't use it enough.

      Delete
  2. ah. thank you!!!!! I am more often disappointed in pinterest recipes -- which is silly -- they are still real recipes but STILL.

    I made a doozy of a soup the other night. Simon is still cringing.

    I need to try that Micky D's trick!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lead your kids in a rousing rendition of Old McDonald Had a Farm on the way there it makes you feel like a good mom, the kind who sings songs with her children.

      Delete
    2. you sound like simcha fisher with that remark!

      Delete
  3. I hear you on the pinterest recipes (well, not the same recipes, but similar experiences). As fun as it is to pin recipes, I've had mixed results in actually liking how they turn out. I'm semi-resolving to go back to my tried-and-true sources where my success rate is a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun trying new things but I've learned to go back to the original recipe's website. If the comments are all "This looks great" then it's iffy. If there are "I made this and everyone loved it!" then I know it's safe. And it's always smart to pin off of allrecipes.com. Love that place.

      Delete
  4. I love your taste in music(and Jimmy Fallon too!) I have downloaded several songs from amazon after I listened to them on your blog. You'd never know I was a 48yo wife and homeschooling mother of 4. :) I love One Direction's What Makes you Beautiful although Love is All is super and I may start making my kids sick of that song too by playing it too much! Keep up the good work!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy!

      The only reason I'd ever want to be famous is so I could be a guest on Jimmy Fallon's show.

      Delete
  5. I like "Let Me Clear My Throat," too! What a great medley---I was singing along the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your honesty!! All of it- the Pinterest recipes, the housecleaning (or lack thereof), the sock-less kids at McDonald's. I always let myself get wrapped up in the guilt of what I do or don't do as a mother!! It is nice to know that women I admire and look up to are just as human as me.

    ReplyDelete