November 28, 2018

Things Kids Say

Ben: I can't wait until tomorrow.
Me: What's tomorrow?
Ben: School.

Me: Is MJ awake or asleep?
Jofis: She's wide asleep!


Resa telling me the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf
Me: So what's the lesson we can learn from that story?
Resa: Don't say the name of dangerous animals over and over again or one might show up.


Me: Thomas, can you say your name? Say "Thomas."
Thomas: Train. Choo-choo!


Unnamed Child: Why do we always have to go to Mass?
Me: Because Daddy and I love God very much and He loves us. We go to Mass to be with Him in the Eucharist, so we can pray and be close to Him.
Ben: Jesus talks to me in prayer.
Me: Really? What does He say?
Ben: I don't know. I couldn't hear Him....
Me: What do you mean?
Ben: Last week I was praying at Mass and I saw Jesus come up to me. He shook my hand and we chit-chatted a bit.
Me: What did you chat about?
Ben: I don't know. I couldn't hear. There was thunder.
Me: Like it was raining outside and there was thunder?
Ben: No, there was thunder in my prayer.


L: Miriam calls me Mommy!
Resa: Miriam calls me Mommy!
Me: Miriam, what's my name?
MJ: -


MJ, licking ketchup off a plate: Mmm, mmm, mmmm!


Resa: Can you hurry up and have that newborn baby?!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Resa's boy who cried wolf is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben's prayer and Jesus and the thunder intrigue me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place has the most perfect environment, great food, tasty wings, lots of good beer, but best of all - probably the best wait staff in all of country. Visited the venues in Chicago last month again, had another great time.

    ReplyDelete