January 5, 2014

my good husband

We have been mostly sick in these parts. Coughing, sleeping, running to the bathroom, scrubbing puke out of the carpet.

Poor Resa puked all over poor JP. She then happily played and he cried.

Today we all slept until 8am and we're finally getting better. Still coughing but so much better.

Before Christmas I had a nasty 12 hour bug. In the middle of the night I dashed to the bathroom to vomit and saw that Travis had stationed himself on the hallway floor, blocking the kids from leaving their rooms so they couldn't climb into bed with me. As I rounded the corner I thought to myself, "That's the nicest thing he's ever done for me. He loves me so much."

Real love, guys, looks like your husband sleeping on the hallway floor while you're dry heaving in the bathroom. Really truly it is the most romantic thing in the world.

This is for you, babe. I love you.

4 comments:

  1. This song made me cry. a Lot. It's good. real good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's some awesomeness right there. Storing up treasures in Heaven with that :)

    ReplyDelete