December 1, 2013

Praying for the Canonization of Venerable Fulton J. Sheen

Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
At my house we are anxiously awaiting news for his beatification because at my house he's kinda a big deal
December 9th is Sheen's unofficial feast day since it's the day he entered into eternal life and we will be celebrating. In the days leading up to December 9th I'm going to have a few posts about Fulton Sheen and how you're missing out if you don't already know him. I will also be praying a novena for his canonization beginning today, Sunday, December 1st.

Please pray with me. Perhaps in a few months we can all celebrate together some exciting news from Rome. (please, God!) 

Novena Day 1.
“How God will judge my life I know not, but I trust he will see me with mercy and compassion. I am only certain there will be three surprises in Heaven. First of all, I will see some people whom I never expected to see. Second, there will be a number whom I expected who will not be there. And – even relying on God’s mercy – the biggest surprise of all may be that I will be there. When the record of any human life is set down, there are three pairs of eyes who see it in a different light. 1. As I see it. 2. As others see it. 3. As God sees it.” Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
Lord, help us to focus on You as Fulton Sheen did so that we may be humble when looking upon ourselves, so that others will see You when they look upon us, and so we can see our lives as You see it.
Prayer of Canonization, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be

Prayer of Canonization
Father, source of all holiness, You raise up within the Church in every age men and women who serve with heroic love and dedication. You have blessed Your Church through the life and ministry of Your faithful servant, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen. He has written and spoken well of Your Divine Son, Jesus Christ, and was a true instrument of the Holy Spirit in touching the hearts of countless people.

If it be according to your Will, for the honor and glory of the Most Holy Trinity and for the salvation of souls, we ask You to move the Church to proclaim him a saint. We ask this prayer through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen

3 comments:

  1. Joining with you, Bonnie. Fulton Sheen has worked little miracles in my life. Nothing like he did for your James but perhaps no less important for the salvation of my pitiful soul. I lift up this prayer with you and look forward to that day of celebration. Thanks be to God for His servant, Fulton Sheen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this. So. Excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed the boats on the Immaculate Conception and St. Andrew novenas. Fulton, it's all on you now.

    ReplyDelete