December 7, 2013

a Sheen-azing feast day video and Novena Day 7




First and foremost, I need to make something very, very clear. It is not my intention to anticipate the judgment of the Catholic Church in regards to the cause for canonization for Venerable Archbishop Fulton John Sheen. I submit wholeheartedly to the infallible wisdom and judgment of the Catholic Church in regards to the life and work of Venerable Fulton J. Sheen.

But let's hope and pray that the Holy Spirit will move the Church to declare him a saint, okay?!


A huge, special thanks to my soft spoken and amazingly talented friend Katie. You can find her Sheen lapbook, pop-up Marian shrine, monstrance craft, and more on her blog, Look to Him and Be Radiant. Please do check it out!
Yay for Katie!

Suggestions for your Sheen-azing menu:
Here's some good, ole Midwestern casseroles.
Soybeans or, as fancy people call them, edamame recipes.
Maybe with a side of cornbread.
With New York cheesecake for dessert.


For more info on Sheen or my son James you can click on my "Sheen" tab at the top of the blog.


More importantly, please continue to pray the Novena for the canonization of Venerable Sheen with me.

Novena Day 7
“Mary is not only mother of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, but she is also our mother, and this is not by a title of courtesy, not by legal fiction, not by a mere figure of speech, but by the right of bringing us forth in sorrow at the foot of the cross….Mary, by sacrifice and obedience, regained for us the title, Mother of the living. What a destiny to have the Mother of God as my Mother and Jesus as my brother.” Archbishop Fulton J Sheen
Lord, Fulton Sheen learned obedience at the school of Mary. He had such a great relationship with her; he knew that when he went before the judgment seat of Christ You would say ‘I heard my Mother speak of you.’ Help us to better know Mary so we may gain insight into such great obedience, love, faith and hope.

Prayer of Canonization, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be
Prayer of Canonization
Father, source of all holiness, You raise up within the Church in every age men and women who serve with heroic love and dedication. You have blessed Your Church through the life and ministry of Your faithful servant, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen. He has written and spoken well of Your Divine Son, Jesus Christ, and was a true instrument of the Holy Spirit in touching the hearts of countless people.

If it be according to your Will, for the honor and glory of the Most Holy Trinity and for the salvation of souls, we ask You to move the Church to proclaim him a saint. We ask this prayer through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your Knot Bad videos - God love you, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you refereed to Sheen as a 'handsome young devil' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mad cred on your video skills, Bonnie! This turned out better than I ever thought that it would :). You are getting really good at editing- and I love the "It's knot bad!" at the end. Awesome post, and thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete