July 29, 2013

Sometimes it is brain surgery

Please tell me that you are familiar with the blog Team Whitaker. Kathryn, who's co-captain and record keeper for TW, is a blogger friend of mine and I must say that you are missing out on a wonderful woman if you don't follow her blog.

Kathryn is a spunky Texan who writes in accent. (love that)
She's also a work-from-home mom of five kids. (5 kids - I'm new to this territory, but K's got tips)
The Whitaker kids attend Catholic school. (we're embarking on that adventure in a matter of weeks)
She's one heck of a party planner. (Pinspiration)
She's a NICU mom. (with tons of compassion and passion)
Kathryn is honest, fun, and inviting. (she's on my list of blogger friends to meet in real life one day)

Kathryn is also at the start of a very big week. On Wednesday her son Luke, the one who gave her the badge of "NICU Mom" will be having brain surgery. Brain surgery. My heart drops every time I think of that.

Please hop on over to Kathryn's blog, get all the info on Luke's upcoming surgery, leave her an encouraging comment, and remember to pray for Luke, his doctors and nurses, Kathryn, her husband Scott, and their whole family. Let's surround them in prayer throughout this week and during Luke's recovery.

Thanks, y'all.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm also a former NICU mom with a medically-fragile kid so I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome, Bonnie. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely pray. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopped over and praying for Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing.. I will pray..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your informational post is great resource to lots of peoples, so i would like to thank for creating this interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete