January 15, 2013

Infertility and Child Loss


Our first child was miscarried at about six weeks; we named him Peter Mark. In memory of him, I would like to collect your prayer intentions that are related to the pains and anxieties of infertility or the loss of a child. 

Perhaps you and your spouse are trying to conceive. Perhaps someone you love is beginning the adoption process. Maybe you have lost several children, are pregnant again and worry about carrying your child to term. Perhaps you are miscarrying right now or buried your child years ago. For Peter's sake, please allow me to pray for you or your loved ones.

Please leave your prayer intention - for yourself or someone you know - in the comment box. Commenters may leave their name or be anonymous. You can also email me at bonniefandel {at} gmail {dot} com. You may share as little or as much as you like. With great respect, dignity, and affection I would like to pray for you, your pain, your grief, and your hope. I feel it is a calling from God and a great honor.

I, of course, invite all those who comment or read the comments to join me in praying for one another.

Thank you for this privilege.

"The Child Who was Never Born” Martin Hudáčeka



Related links:
Peter's would have been 5th birthday
Holy Innocents - why it's best not to tell a grieving parent "God needed another angel"
How to support a miscarrying mother
A woman's maternity
The sad month of May

A Mother's Love retreats for mourning couples and mothers





1 comment:

  1. Please pray for me, that I will be able to conceive a healthy baby soon. It took 2 miscarriages and almost 2 years of trying for me to conceive my son, and I really want to give him more siblings. He's 3 now and I've had 1 miscarriage since he was born. Please ask God to give me more children. Thank you for your prayers and I'm sorry you, too, have miscarried. How wonderful that you are honoring your first son this way. My miscarried children are named Joseph Marie, Lily Noelle, and Gabriel John Paul. My living son is named William Peter.

    ReplyDelete