November 30, 2012

7 quick takes


1 - How about a happy, peppy song?  It's a fun video, too.

2 - On Twitter I have 250 followers, and I bounce back and forth 249, 250, 249, 250.  Tomorrow I will probably be back down to 249.  It's funny to me because I'm not sure what it is that I say that makes someone drop me every other day and then I wonder if it's because of what I don't say - nothing funny or intelligent - but in the end I just don't care.  I'm amused I have more than 20 followers in the first place.

3 - Thank you to everyone who gave advice for my friend Beth who is joining the Church.  Please don't forget her in your prayers!

4 - This morning Ben was playing Mass.  His chalice was an old Folgers container.  The hosts was a leftover waffle tore into bits.  Purificator, a dish rag.  The patent, toy baking sheet.  The paul, a toy skillet.  Corporal, another dish rag.  Chalice veil, kitchen hand towel.  It was so cute.  But for Christmas my kids will be getting one of these lovely little toy Mass kits.

Impressed by my phat skills of knowing all the sacred vessels and whatnot?  In college my bff's and I made up a song for the names of things in the order they are assembled for Mass, from the bottom up.  It helped us remember during our sacristan training.  I'll share it with you.

Sung to the tune of "Jesus Loves Me"
Chalice, chalice, this I know
Purificator, patent, host
Paul, corpral, chalice veil
Cruets, ciborium, finger bowl*

(The "remix" part is to the tune of the Chili's babyback ribs jingle and requires two people)
Part I:
I want my finger bowl, finger bowl, finger bowl. (repeat)
Part II:
Cruets, credence table
Cruets, credence table
(in a low voice, I and II together) Ciborium

* these items are found on the credence table, of course.

5 - I am either experiencing some kind of deficiency or my body is getting ready for sick season because I am eating clementines all day long.  Yesterday I also had a PBJ made out of leftover waffles, too, which was more about not letting the waffles go to waste.

6 - Resa had better start crawling today!  She's been close for awhile - she gets up on all fours and does the rocking thing - but after last night's disruptive sleep and the fact that she's awake two hours earlier than usual... I want to see something for all this!

7 - Thanks to Jen for hosting!  Have a good weekend and don't forget to come back Sunday for the first of the Advent series!  Lisa Hendey will be kicking things off for us!

23 comments:

  1. I followed you and I won't drop you. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably the merchant accounts that follow people in hopes of them following back- free advertising. If you don't follow back after a while, they drop you to clear out room for other potential followers.

    And I love that up on all fours, rocking stage, don't you? If babies that young could think in words, you know they'd be saying, "I think I can, I think I can..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting, about the merchants. Nice little bit of information.

      You are so right about the "I think I can." I can see it all over Teresa's face.

      Delete
  3. Hey! It's Beth! I think I need that toy Mass set to help me understand! Kidding. :) Although, it is really cute and would probably disarm my husband if he came home from work to see me "playing" with it. I did watch a video (wow, an actual VHS--thank goodness my MIL still has a VCR) on Mass last night, so I'm getting there. I just wish there was kind of a Mass cheat sheet (not the right words, but like a quick start guide). It takes every ounce of my attention to keep up with Mass, and I feel like a child again at church (for more reason than one). :) Much love and thanks for yours, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And why not get the Mass kit? Save it for your boys!

      Delete
    2. There are several children's books on the order of the Mass that are REALLY helpful as a simplified "cheat sheet". I especially like the St. Joseph Picture Books to learn the basics on so many subjects.

      Delete
  4. I do the pb&j on waffles thing all the time, for the same reason. Tightwads unite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids thought I was wierd but it was actually good. Better than pancake pbj's.

      Delete
  5. OMG Teresa is definitely Bennet's little sister! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! It's crazy!

      Except it's not because we just make adorable babies.

      Delete
  6. I love, love, love that song, but had never seen the video - thanks for sharing!
    The song about the different vessels at Mass is awesome, I laughed a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, feel free to use the song to teach others. ;)

      seriously, I'm glad you could follow along and that you got a kick out of it. It's dorky but fun.

      Delete
  7. That is one adorable baby!!!! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pic of miss Teresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too - we have a girl shortage in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PB&J Waffles? That sounds ridiculously good! Maybe I'll make waffles for breakfast tomorrow! :)

    p.s.
    What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice blog right here! Additionally your website loads up very fast!
    What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink
    in your host? I desire my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol
    my page - http://www.teachingchildrenwithautismfacts.com/joining-local-exercise-groups-or-classes-is-a-great-way-to-combine-socializing-with-a-physical-workout

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the song! Love the Mass kit. I donated a cloth version to our schools PreK and one for the 2nd grade
    to learn the liturgical vessel names prior to 1st Holy Communion (Our Fathers House dot biz). Annette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Weren't you eating lots of clementines at this time last year? hmmmm....something you're not telling us? LOL. I had our 3rd grade CCD class make mini Advent wreaths this Sunday. I was so impressed with the # of children that knew what each element symbolized. ~Angel

    ReplyDelete