October 21, 2012

Shake it til it's gone

A little while ago Heather contacted me.  She went to high school with my wonderful husband and some way or another stumbled upon my little blog.  When Heather saw that I was trying to lose weight (oh the fat!) she sent me an email that basically said something like this:

Hey I never met you / and this is crazy / but I use Body By Vi / do you want some free shakes maybe?

And I asked her:

Will it work with Weight Watchers?  Can I do it while I nurse my baby girl?

Yes and Yes were her answers.  And when she promised me that the shakes had helped her lose weight and (and this is the best part) that they taste like cake batter, well... I said I'd love to try her shakes.

She sent me a Balance Kit and I dove right in.  I'll be honest, the package said to swap one shake for breakfast and one for lunch; have a healthy, normal dinner; and chose healthy snacks.  When I tried that I was hungry again in about an hour but I was also nursing a big baby... So I emailed Heather and asked for some suggestions - turns out the packaging recommendation isn't for nursing mamas.  So now I have a shake and some fruit or oatmeal for breakfast and that keeps me happy until lunch.  A healthy lunch and another shake to sip on through the afternoon.  Dinnertime I have a normal, healthy meal.  If I need a snack I can grab one.  Already I've lost a pound, which is good because I'd been at a standstill for a long time.

And the best part is that it really does taste like cake batter.  Yum-o.

So if you're looking for a little help reaching your own weight loss goals pop on over to Heather's site and check out the Body By Vi shakes and give them a try.

4 comments:

  1. Does she live around the town Travis grew up in still because those shakes have been all the rage in that area. My cousin sells it and about 5 different parents at my mom's preschool sell them not to mention all the people she said who drink them. They really seem popular because they're successful! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you have found something new! Just that it is something new is really cool!
    I have the fat too...I gained 60 lbs with my first pregnancy, lost 20 lbs, got pregnant and gained 40 lbs...blah!! At least 30 lbs to lose before I'm in "healthy" range.
    Love that cake batter! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul said his coworkers are all about this too. Tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Way to go! Body by Vi is awesome!! I lost 25 pounds and my hubby lost 30 in our first 90 day challenge. Now we are maintaining a year later!!! :)

    ReplyDelete