I hate tambourines at Mass! Seriously!
And while I'm at it, I also have a strong disliking for:
- using pop Christian songs in place of the responsorial psalm.
- choir members who refuse to sing the Latin because they "don't know Latin", even though they know that "miserere nobis" means "have mercy on us".
- Fr. Feelgoods who personalize and change the words to the Liturgy of the Eucharist and Gospel readings.
- drums at Mass (just ask me about my experience at a Newman Center in MO.)
- overhead projectors at Mass (it's so undignified).